mercredi 27 juillet 2011

Amazing Thailand! Phuket and the beaches (part 6)

It’s been already 8 years, since I did my first trip in a foreign country. At the time, I was 20, young, adventurous and sometimes a little bit of a featherbrain. I’ve decided to live the adventure of traveling. I went for the real thing. I wanted to discover South East Asia. In company of my friend, Stéphanie Mac Dodnald, we crossed Thailand, Laos and Vietnam. These beautiful countries with so many wonders, gave us incredible moments, who are still engrave in our memory. Today, with the help of my personal traveling notebook, that I religiously wrote, 8 years ago, I will transport you in a great adventure; to discover the jewel of Asia.

P.s: I kept the wholeness of the text that has been written during this trip. The familiar language is used, to gives realist tone and let the readers feel the emotions.


We got there finally, THE south!! It’s so amazing! And we just arrived, the best haven’t come yet. Phuket is a big city, one of the most populous of southern Thailand and it’s also a “departure point” city to reach some of the greatest distant island of the south, such as Koh Phi Phi lee and don (the islands where they filmed most of the scene of the movie “the beach”). At the moment, we are staying at Patong beach, close to the bars (all types of bars, including the prostitute bars), the touristic places, the shops, the market and of course, we are always not far from the noisy tuk-tuk. The beach is just so beautiful and the sand so silken-smooth, that I had quickly forgotten the small inconvenience of the city.

Our Hotel, “the family inn” is over all, better than the first one, the Bangkok Royal Hotel. The room is more inviting, the bed is more comfortable and the pillows are softer. Besides, we have two bottle of water per day for free, plus the breakfast served each morning on the terrace. How amazing!! For two broken backpackers like us!
The bad news of the day is that my frontal lamp got stole and it was a Laurent’s Christmas gift. I’m annoyed (even if I would like to say something else). I think it has happened in the first bus from Bangkok to Phuket. In fact, the bus driver stopped in the middle of the ride, for nothing special. I was asleep, so I didn’t keep attention of what he was doing, but I saw him rummaged in the suit trunk. Now, I guess, at this precise moment, the bus driver and his sidekicks use the occasion to take what they could in the nearest bags, one of whom was mine. Oh well, I’m frustrated but what I can do, it’s one of the traveling risks…

A travel inside: the Thais merchants like to say “VERY CHEAP, MY FRIEND, VERY SHEEEAP”, when they want us to buy stuffs. The pronunciation of the word CHEAP sounds more like SHEAP or SHEEP, so Steph and I like to translated by VERY PURE WOOL, MY FRIEND, VERY PURE WOOL!

Partager cet Article:

Facebook Twitter Technorati digg Stumble Delicious MySpace Yahoo Google Reddit Mixx LinkedIN FriendFeed Newsvine Flux RSS

Blogger

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire