vendredi 12 août 2011

Amazing Thailand! expedition day (part 8)

It’s been already 8 years, since I did my first trip in a foreign country. At the time, I was 20, young, adventurous and sometimes a little bit of a featherbrain. I’ve decided to live the adventure of traveling. I went for the real thing. I wanted to discover South East Asia. In company of my friend, Stéphanie Mac Dodnald, we crossed Thailand, Laos and Vietnam. These beautiful countries with so many wonders, gave us incredible moments, who are still engrave in our memory. Today, with the help of my personal traveling notebook, that I religiously wrote, 8 years ago, I will transport you in a great adventure; to discover the jewel of Asia.


P.s: I kept the wholeness of the text that has been written during this trip. The familiar language is used, to gives realist tone and let the readers feel the emotions.

Today, the forecast weather hasn’t been very great; cloudy sky and some shower in the morning. Even the rain didn’t stop us to go to Phang Nga Bay. The view over there was amazing. We had the chance to see the mountains and the ocean through the mist. Believe me, this scenery was incredible.

We’ve started our day by visiting the monkey cave and also admiring a Buddha statue. The monkeys who were staying in the famous cave were very ravenous. They were jumping on us, just to get a small banana pieces. They were also trying to take us away our camera. But I wasn’t angry at all, they were so cuteJ. Then we’ve been to the “looked-for” James Bond Island, and unfortunately, it wasn’t that extraordinary. One thing sure, we had to see it, to make an opinion of it. Although, I think I raise my expectations to high for such a small island like this…
We’ve finished our journey day in a floating village in the middle of the ocean only sustainedby stilts, namely called: gypsy village. As usual, this village appears to be great at first but then we realize it was a touristic trap. They were tons of shops selling “crap”, that we weren’t cared of. I was sad when I left the village, because I had this image of a little girl trying to sell fade postcard to the tourists. She appears to be 10 years old or so and she already had to sell postcard and kept screaming everyday “postcard 10 baths!” It is probably, one of the first words, she had learned.

I’m disappointing about the attitude of Thai people. It has been two weeks that we are in Thailand now, and it’s seems impossible to ask a question or an information to someone for free. Everything have a price in Thailand! If you have a request or a question, it is 10 baths! If you want to take a picture of them, it is 10 baths! And if you refuse to pay, they will send you to someone asking more money for the same services, so that way, you will come back to them. I’m repeating it; I AM really DISAPPOINTED to observe that most of Thai people are smiling to squeeze out of me, all that I have. For the moment, I wouldn’t tell of them, they are nice people. I hope I’m wrong and my impression will change during the trip…

Partager cet Article:

Facebook Twitter Technorati digg Stumble Delicious MySpace Yahoo Google Reddit Mixx LinkedIN FriendFeed Newsvine Flux RSS

Blogger

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire